If all you think Acrobat does is create PDF files, you’re in for a big surprise! In this course, you will discover how to bring together a wide range of content from dozens of programs that you can reuse and customize in Acrobat X Pro.
Learn how to save files that you’ll use in the course projects, and explore the Acrobat X tools and panels. Then, become acquainted with several different ways to create a PDF file, including using the Adobe PDFMaker and the Adobe Printer.
Discover how to add a blank page to a PDF file in Acrobat, add text and images to the document from other files, and format the content. Then, explore ways to add and remove pages from PDF documents, combine PDF documents, and add password security to your document.
Learn how to make your document look put together with elements such as backgrounds, watermarks, headers, and footers. Then, learn how to insert and use bookmarks to help your readers get around your documents, and add attachments to your PDF files.
Discover how to add links to your PDF document to open other pages, web pages, or blank emails. You will learn how to import web content to your PDF document. Then, explore how to convert tables on a simple PDF page to interactive form fields, and learn how to add new fields, calculate values in the form, and work with buttons.
Discover how to add comments ranging from simple notes to custom stamps to a PDF document, and learn how to customize program preferences. Then, learn how to prepare and distribute a document for input from others, work with received comments, and produce a comment summary.
Discover how to distribute and manage a form, what to do with the form data, and how to communicate with others in real time via Acrobat. Finally, learn how to split documents and combine PDF files into an animated Portfolio. You will discover how to use Acrobat to combine, create, and collaborate on documents like never before!
Prerequisites / Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac device.
- PC: Windows XP or later.
- Mac: OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari (We recommend Firefox or Chrome).
- Adobe Acrobat X Professional (Windows), Adobe Acrobat X Standard (Windows), or Adobe Acrobat X Professional (Mac), either as a standalone product or as part of a collection.
- Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite programs such as Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are used in preparation of the course materials, although they aren’t necessary to complete the course. Access to these programs will be useful for personal project development.
- Adobe Flash Player. Click here to download the Flash Player.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click here to download the Acrobat Reader.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
WHEN CAN I GET STARTED?
A new session of each course opens each month, allowing you to enroll whenever your busy schedule permits!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once a session starts, two lessons will be released each week, for the six-week duration of your course. You will have access to all previously released lessons until the course ends.
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO COMPLETE EACH LESSON?
The interactive discussion area for each lesson automatically closes 2 weeks after each lesson is released, so you’re encouraged to complete each lesson within two weeks of its release.
WHAT IF I NEED AN EXTENSION?
The Final Exam will be released on the same day as the last lesson. Once the Final Exam has been released, you will have 2 weeks plus 10 days to complete the Final and finish any remaining lessons in your course. No further extensions can be provided beyond these 10 days.