MTA makes it easy for schools to deliver technology education through a simple,convenient, and affordable suite of entry-level certification exams.
The MTA certification program is good for educators and students, as well as their institutions.
Educators are empowered with easy-to-use Internet-based testing, students get the opportunity to earn a Microsoft certification right in the classroom, and institutions stand out as innovative technology curriculum providers.
- MTA validates fundamental technology concepts in infrastructure.
- Database and Software Development enabling students to explore career paths in technology with a modest investment of time and resources.
- No hands-on product experience required
- Test broad knowledge concepts vs skills application
- Free and free classroom instruction and self study
- Positions students for advanced technology training. Micosoft Certified TMCSA or MCSD and entry level technology jobs, internships, etc. One exam = One Certification.
- MTA helps schools teach and validate fundamental technology knowledge, providing students with a foundation for their careers and the confidence to succeed with more advanced studies. Designed to empower educators and motivate students, MTA can help your institution stan out with an innovative technology curriculum while offering students an opportunity to earn a Microsoft certification right in the classroom. MTA is a stepping-stone to Microsoft
- Certified Technology Specialist certifications, which will help your students to prove their value in the job market.
- Career Exploration – MTA allows beginner students to explore a variety of career options in technology with a moderate investment of time and effort.
- Confidence – Confidence-inspiring credential lead to success with future studies in technology and professional certifications.
- Community – Strengthen your school and community through technology; Provide your non-college bound students for an entry-level job in technology.
IT DEVELOPER EXAMSWindows Mobility and Device Fundamentals
- Understand device configurations
- Understand data access and management
- Understand device security
- Understand cloud services
- Understand enterprise mobility
- Understand the cloud
- Enable Microsoft cloud
- Administer Office 365 and Microsoft Intune
- Use and configure Microsoft cloud services
- Support cloud users
- Core Programming
- Object-oriented Programming
- General Software Development
- Web Applications
- Desktop Applications
- Platform fundamentals
- Manage the state of an application
- Debug and test
- Publish an application
- Build the UI using HTML5
- Core CSS concepts
- Update the UI
- Code animations
- Access data
- Code additional HTML5 APIs
- Apply Strategies to Solve Computational Problems
- Design Algorithms
- Work with Data Representation in Block-Based Programming Languages
- Solve Computational Problems by Using Modeling and Simulation
- Code Programs in Block-Based Programming
- Assess Personal Security in Internet Communications
- Examine the Software Development Process
- Candidates for this exam require instruction and/or hands-on experience (150 hours) with Java, are familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-formed, well documented Java code.
- This entry level certification is intended for application developers working with Java. The code used in the exam is Java SE, and the syntax used in this exam is compatible with Java 6 SE through the most recent release.
- Candidates for this exam should be able to recognize and write syntactically correct Python code, recognize data types supported by Python, and recognize and write Python code that will logically solve a given problem.
- Candidates are expected to have had, at minimum, instruction and/or hands-on experience (150 hours) with the Python programming language, be familiar with its features and capabilities, and understand how to write, debug, and maintain well-formed, well documented Python code.
IT DATABASE EXAMDatabase Administration Fundamentals
- Core Database concepts
- Database Objects
- Manipulating Data
- Data Storage
- Database Administration
IT PROFESSIONAL EXAMSWindows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Server Installation
- Server Roles
- Active Directory
- Server Performance Management
- Server Maintenance
- Network Infrastructures
- Network Hardware
- Protocols and Services
- Security Layers
- Operating System Security
- Network Security
- Security Software
- Operating System Configurations
- Installing and Upgrading Client Systems
- Managing Applications
- Managing Files and Folders
- Managing Devices
- Understanding Operating System Maintenance
Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
Software Development fundamentals
Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
Windows Operating System Fundamentals
HTML5 Application Development Fundamentals
Programming Using Java
Programming Using Python
IT PROWindows Server Administration | Fundamentals, 98-365
Networking | Fundamentals, 98-366
Security | Fundamentals, 98-367
Windows Operating System | Fundamentals, 98-349
DEVELOPER & DATABASEOffice 365 Cloud | Fundamentals, 98-369
Mobility and Devices | Fundamentals, 98-368
Software Development | Fundamentals, 98-361
Database Administration | Fundamentals, 98-364
HTML5 Application Development | Fundamentals, 98-375
How many exams do I need to pass to earn an MTA certification?To earn an MTA certification, you need to pass one exam.
Will MTA certifications expire?No, MTA certifications do not expire.
What do I get when I earn an MTA certification?Earning an MTA certification helps prove your knowledge of fundamental technology concepts. Having a validated certification from Microsoft can help you launch a successful career.
When you earn an MTA certification, you become a member of our Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) community. You get access to members-only benefits, such as special offers, a transcript tool, and private newsgroups where you can network, find peer support, and share your accomplishments with millions of MCPs worldwide.
How does the MTA certification fit into the overall Microsoft Certification Program?The MTA certification provides the foundational knowledge necessary to pursue Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certifications. The MTA certification creates a new entry point to help those who are new to IT to jump start their careers.
If you already have an in-depth understanding of and hands-on experience with Microsoft technologies, you might want to start with an MCSA certification or an MCSD certification. Find out more about Microsoft Certifications.